The Search engine optimization Framework plugin is a robust WordPress device to aid website owners optimize their sites for search engines. Amongst its characteristics, it provides meta fields for Facebook and Twitter in the consumer profile segment of the WordPress admin panel.
For different motives, you may possibly want to take away these fields. They drove me crazy simply because they did not truly do something (and I use ACF to take care of most consumer profile customization).
The Facebook and Twitter meta fields in the consumer profile segment can be perplexing, specifically when there is a need to have to include far more social back links making use of other plugins. Possessing duplicate fields for the identical social networks can be redundant and clutter the consumer interface.
As per the plugin’s writer, Sybre Waaijer, you can set the plugin to headless mode for the consumer segment. This will hide the Facebook and Twitter meta fields.
Actions to Get rid of Facebook and Twitter Consumer Meta Fields:
- Back up your internet site. Often make sure you have a existing backup of your internet site prior to creating any adjustments to its files.
wp-config.php. This file is positioned in the root directory of your WordPress set up. You can entry it by means of FTP or your net internet hosting management panel’s file manager.
wp-config.php. Insert the following line of code:
define( 'THE_Search engine optimization_FRAMEWORK_HEADLESS', [ 'user' => true, 'meta' => false, 'settings' => false ] )
- Conserve and upload the file. If you edited the file offline, upload it back to the server. If you edited it on the internet, just conserve the adjustments.
- Verify your WordPress admin panel. Navigate to a consumer profile, and you need to no longer see the meta fields for Facebook and Twitter.
- When you set the plugin to headless mode for consumers, even if the Facebook and Twitter fields had been previously populated, they will be ignored.
- The consumer headless mode nonetheless makes it possible for some consumer-distinct settings, like the counter-sort. You can see this function in action by clicking on the character counter variety.
With the headless mode enabled for consumers in the Search engine optimization Framework plugin, you can declutter the consumer profile segment by getting rid of pointless meta fields for Facebook and Twitter.
This offers a cleaner interface and avoids confusion, specifically when making use of other plugins to control social back links. Often make sure that any adjustments produced to your website’s files are backed up to stop prospective concerns. Hope this aided!